Ohio puts assistance near entrepreneurs
At those centers, visitors can learn about the Office of Minority Business Financial Incentives which administers the Capital Access Program, Minority Direct Loan Program and the Minority Business Bond Program.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the second largest source of federal contracts to black-owned firms in the state with $40 million in the first six months of the 2012 fiscal year, just behind the $47 million from the Department of Defense.
Minority Business Assistance Centers are located in Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Lima, Warren, Lorain and Toledo.
2012 31 Ways 31 Days
- 31 Ways 31 Days to Support African-American Businesses in 2012
- New York tops 200,000
- Queen of Soul Food marks 50th anniversary Aug. 1
- Aug. 5. Find Your Feast
- Food and Nutrition Service administrator touts healthy nutrition in Harlem
- B. Smith offers theater package for Streetcar Named Desire
- Cobblestones filled with African-American legacy in Philadelphia
- Amarantus presents findings on Parkinson's
- 510Nano poised for growth in utility-scale solar installations
- Gina's Journey a model of crowdfunding
- Kelly brings local business unit under her direction
- Tia Norfleet creates jobs as a NASCAR pioneer